The number of activities, the culture and the sunny setting are the main assets that attract millions of tourists to Marrakech. Excursions in the desert and the plains of Morocco are magnificent outings to do if you plan to visit the country soon. If you are wondering what to do in Morocco, you need to see the most beautiful beaches in Morocco.
Leaving the city, there are magnificent places to swim and bask in the sun! Moreover, these spots are also real grounds for excursions, and health walks or you can also take a hot air balloon flight in Marrakech.
In this guide, discover the beauty of the beaches of Morocco! There is something for all tastes and desires, depending on what you are looking for during your vacation!
Oued Laou beach
Located about 45 kilometres from Tetouan, Oued Laou beach attracts many people, a beautiful stretch of sand similar to the size of its village. The sand offers beautiful golden colours, bordered by blue water that makes you want to swim and soak your feet!
At first glance, Oued Laou beach has all the attractions of a private beach. If you are looking for tranquillity while being close to markets and restaurants, this is undoubtedly the best choice to make.
The red beach of Marrakech
It is necessary to specify that it is not a question of a beach strictly speaking. But if you want to enjoy a tanning session by the water without leaving Marrakech, then why not go to Red Beach? La Plage Rouge belongs to a travel club, located in a huge complex.
On-site, you will enjoy a 2,300 square-metre swimming pool with sun loungers and Balinese beds available. For the atmosphere, a DJ spins his best playlists, not forgetting the bar-restaurant area. Of course, access is chargeable, it takes about 15 € to access the club! It’s a very accessible budget for a lazy day without leaving the city.
A little closer than its counterpart, Essaouira beach is located about 180 kilometres from Marrakech, a city listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Moreover, it is an essential place to visit if you plan to discover Morocco and its eastern wonders!
This beach is mainly characterised by its long promenade by the sea, punctuated by restaurants to cool off and enjoy good food. Essaouira is a walled city, home to a cooperative of women who make artisanal and handmade argan oil.
Of course, remember to go to the beach to enjoy the sun and swimming! A lot of activities like water skiing and surfing are available on-site. To discover Essaouira, a lot of excursions offer a departure from Marrakech for around 30 € per person. You can also stay on-site, Essaouira is a tourist city that has a lot to offer you!
Other beaches to discover near Marrakech?
Unfortunately, few beaches exist around Marrakech.
The most beautiful beaches in Morocco to discover:
In Morocco, many beautiful beaches are worth visiting, if you don’t know what to do in Morocco, here are some breathtaking beaches:
- Taghazout beach in Agadir is worth a visit!
- Quemado beach in Al-Hoceima.
- Near Casablanca, you will find Oualidia beach.
- The White Beach in Guelmim.
- Near Tangier, you can find the superb beach of Dalia.
- Sidi El Bachir beach.
- Quite a few remote corners present magnificent places, in particular, the beach of the island of the Dragon located in Dakhla.
- In the very north of the country, Nador is home to many sublime beaches! You can enjoy heavenly beaches and coves like Tcharrana, Tibouda and Cala Blanca cove.
- Nicknamed Blue Pearl, Saidia beach is one of the most beautiful beaches in Morocco! It extends over 14 kilometres long with transparent and turquoise waters. It is a superb area for family holidays, with a lot of infrastructure and tourist facilities.
- Finally, don’t miss going to Legzira beach, an incredible spot! It offers huge cliffs and a stretch of golden sand to discover at sunset. Magnificent ocher red arches offer an almost unforgettable colour and atmosphere!
No comment yet, add your voice below!