Moroccan Regions by Seasons
Find more about where to travel in Morocco and choose
the perfect season to visit that area…
- Marrakech: 25 degrees during the day … Perfect time to visit the city with a local guide, to relax on a terrace with a view of the snowy Atlas, to take a trip to the Ourika Valley or to the snow of Oukaimeden , to explore the Agafay desert for a 3-day nature break …
- The desert and the palm groves: nothing better than Christmas or New Year’s Eve in the desert! In the middle of nowhere, in bivouac, with nomadic songs playing, in the sun.
- Souss-Massa and the Anti-Atlas: Spring is early in Morocco. In the region of Tafraoute, almond trees are blooming in January. Hike a bit to discover the painted rocks and agadirs, these old fortified granaries.
In the Souss-Massa Natural reserve, migratory birds have taken up residence. Watching them during a safari on the Atlantic coast is just awesome. And the Berber villages in the region have kept their traditions.
- Dakhla and its lagoon: in the very South of Morocco, you can go swimming during winter. Enjoy the dunes of the desert are the sea, kitesurfers and windsurfers will have a great time! It’s a little paradise that is worth exploring.
- We take you to the imperial cities and offer you unusual city breaks: Fez, Meknes, Rabat, Casablanca. And if you have extra time, a discovery tour of Unesco heritage sites.
- The Atlas: it’s the season for canyoning, rafting, rock climbing, mountain biking, hiking … in the blooming spring nature and remote Berber villages. Ideal family trip or friend trip.
- Northern Morocco: enjoy the pre-season to discover the beaches and Mediterranean coves still empty. Then, hike from the Rif mountains to the sea: breathtaking 360 ° views guaranteed !
- The Rose Valley & the Todgha Gorge: in May, it is the harvest time of the roses and the big traditional celebration.
Discover also the biggest gorges of Morocco for a refreshing break.
- The desert: March is the perfect month to travel to the desert & palm groves. Trail, trek, mountain bike, self-drive tour or guided tour with 4X4 private driver, meetings with the nomads, relaxation …
Traveling to Morocco if fun and possible all year round :
- with 500 km of coasts: beaches and medinas along the sea
- Northern forests and Atlas mountains
- Deserts and oasis in the very South
- Imperial cities and kasbahs,medinas and ancient sites
- Northern Morocco: situated between the Mediterranean sea and the Atlantic ocean, stop at the Rif mountains to enjoy the waterfalls and the blue city of Chefchaouen. What a good road trip idea!
- The High Atlas: ideal time to hike in the high mountain: climb up to the M’Goun at 4000 m, valleys and gorges, desert or green mountains, high altitude lakes …
Ideal tour for mountain biking, climbing or trail running.
- The South Atlantic: from Agadir, the coast offers wonderful beaches, almost emptyt from Sidi Ifni. One hour and half away from the sea, you end up in the Berber Anti-Atlas, green mountain. And a little further south, the first premises of the Saharan lands.
This tour offers many changes of scenary in only 9 days.
- In September, enjoy the nice weather of the summer in Morocco. There, everything is possible: sea, mountain, imperial cities without any tourist rush.
- The desert and palm groves: during October and November, the colors of the desert are magnificent… Temperatures do not exceed 28 degrees and sleeping under the open sky is possible.
The palm groves offer you the unique show of dates harvest.
Guided or self-drive tour.
- The South Atlantic: from Southern Agadir to Laayoune, explore the empty beaches and the first premises of the Sahara,
- Morocco center: still not really touristic, the center offers a variety of amazing landscapes. You can first arrive in Fez and visit the unmissable cities Meknes and Volubilis. Then , keep moving and discover Ifrane, the small Moroccan Switzerland, then visit Midelt for a spiritual retreat at the monastery and for a hike in the splendid gorges to meet the mining workers